Presentation College Athenry (Non-PPP)
Page last updated: 02/11/18
Presentation College Athenry will be a new 1000 pupil post primary school in the townland of Ballygarraun South, Athenry, Co. Galway.
The proposed new development shall consist of:
- Approximately 10,042sqm (two storey) school building with linked (single storey) sports facility.
- A new ‘link’ road (approximately 205m in length) with footpaths connecting the existing L-3103 Ballygarraun Road to the future roundabout and Athenry Relief Road.
- A new roundabout on the L-3103 Ballygarraun Road at the entrance to the Raheen Woods Hotel.
- Minor roadworks and new footpaths along the L-3103 Ballygarraun Road including new pedestrian crossing and signage.
- Car parking for approximately 92 cars.
- Playing field and 6 basketball courts.
- New foul water connection to public sewage system.
- Adjustments to existing boundary walls/fences plus new boundary walls/fences.
- Approximately 14sqm ESB Substation and 50.9sqm external store; and
- All associated landscaping/ site works and ancillary services.
|Sanctioning Authority||Department of Education & Skills|
|Legal Adviser||Philip Lee Solicitors|
|Construction Contractor||JJ Rhatigan|
|Architect||SJ Kelly Architects|
|Civil & Structural Engineers||Nicholas O’Dwyer|
|Mechanical & Electrical Engineers||Callaghan Engineering|
|Quantity Surveying||McGahon Surveyors|
|Health & Safety||Atkins Global|
Procurement / Latest News
The NDFA has signed a contract with JJ Rhatigan & Co. for the delivery of Presentation College Athenry. Construction works commenced on site in October 2017 and are expected to be completed in 2019 following an 18 month programme.