PPP Contract Administration (Services Period)
The NDFA, on behalf of the relevant Approving Authority, manages certain operational PPP contracts. These are design, build, finance and maintain (DBFM) PPP contracts currently in their 25 year service period. During this service period PPP Co. is responsible for the maintenance and lifecycle of the facilities.
In administering the contracts the NDFA liaises with the Approving Authority and users and manages the PPP Co. to ensure that the facilities are maintained and lifecycled in accordance with the service and contract requirements. In undertaking this role, the NDFA is responsible for:
- Managing the delivery of services by PPP Co. and ensuring compliance with the contract requirements;
- Monitoring the annual condition surveys of the facilities prepared by PPP Co.;
- Review of annual / 5 yearly proposed plans and programmes for service delivery maintenance and lifecycle and ensuring compliance with contract requirements;
- Reviewing monthly reporting of PPP Co. performance;
- Applying relevant deductions (for service and availability failures) to the monthly invoices;
- Ensuring that any required changes (either by the Approving Authority or PPP Co.) are managed in accordance with the contract;
- Management of the 5 yearly market testing and benchmarking of services in accordance with contract requirements.